Saturday 27 August 2011

Manifest!


So, we ended up going to Manifest after all! We went on the Friday so we could enter the FRUiTS competition... and we won! Best hair and makeup! The judges were impressed that we used our own hair (which is suitably crazy for Visual Kei) and Billy, my partner-in-crime, had very impressive body paint. If only I had taken some photos!

There were lots of Lolitas in the competition and they were all so cute! The lady who won Best Outfit was so lovely, she had put together her outfit very nicely - she was a Punk/Goth Loli. Ah, she was a sweetie. The lady who won Best Overall had a really impressive techno-angel costume; it looked like something from an anime or manga, or a display piece at a really awesome rave.

While there, we bought some manga - of course. Billy got Aphorism and we went halves in a new manga we found called Karneval. It's pretty good so far, so check it out if you can! I also got volume three of Koisuru Boukan (The Tyrant Falls in Love). I wanted to get volumes one and two at least as well, but I couldn't find them. It's one of my favourite BL manga ^^.

It was so much fun! I wish I could go again, and more, but I had work today and a uni Open Day on Sunday (probably, if I can figure out how to get there...). Thanks again, Manifest staff, for another great day!

This is Shi, about to read volume three of Tyrant despite not having volumes one or two... ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment