Wednesday 4 May 2011

....*poking around*

*pokes around*

Well.

In a way, I never thought I'd be here. On a blog, I mean. I read blogs, I do.  Mostly music blogs, I admit, following all the latest news and releases from my favourite bands in Japan because people are kind enough to translate those things and my Japanese is rather... poor. (Dismal, actually).

But writing a blog? Do I even have the committment for that? Me, who doesn't even have the committment for Facebook, able to sustain writing a blog?

It's a challenge. But it's one I'm fully prepared to accept for a few reasons, which I shall outline:

1. I need a de-stress thing. And solitaire isn't cutting it anymore.
2. As I said, I no longer use Facebook, which is freeing up a surprising amount of  my time. This would be a more productive fill in, I think. It really can't be any more of a giant blackhole sucking in and erasing time than FB was, can it?
3. I want to have a goal, and a place to order my thoughts, share things I like and hopefully find people with similar interests - Goodness knows there aren't many around where I live!
4. And perhaps most importantly - or at least, what has given me the push - a very good friend of mine (someone I respect very much) has recommended it to me.

So here I am, beginning my blogging journey.

This is Shi, starting a blog!

(Wish me luck ^^')

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for following!
    Good luck, from a fellow newb >XD
    Lets give it our best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Billy! We'll definitely have to try our best :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere. I predict you will love it more than FB and will quickly become addicted. I really wanted to comment but my dilemma as now my 'identity' is shown. . . hm.
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Josie :) Hmm, I think you'll be right, but I wasn't a big fan of FB aside from that it let me keep in contact with extended family.... And as for your identity, for now there is no one else here (I'm not planning on giving this to people at school) so it doesn't matter - I won't tell anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete