Monday 4 July 2011

Camp NaNo: Day 3

Alright, Day 2 already! Word count: 5322.

I've got over five thousand words now, but I still feel like today wasn't particularly productive. I was very tired for some reason (and it couldn't possibly be the late nights...) so that might account for the slow going. I feel a bit like I'm struggling with my story. I know it's probably because it's a new story with new characters and I haven't fugured out how everything works and fits together, but it can still be a little disheartening.

I played a bit of Nintendo today, as a method of procrastination. I'm re-playing "the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" with my sister. We're both doing Camp NaNo, so we used it as a break, and just relaxed. It was quite fun, and I think I was more successful there (I defeated Lord Jabu Jabu, a dungeon that has always irritated me) - but probably because playing a game is easier than writing a story.

Also, I keep getting distracted by the NaNo forums. I barely used them at all last year, but this year I almost can't stop reading them! They are terribly addictive, and it's frustrating me. But on a happier and much more fun note, I convinced a really awesome friend to do Camp NaNo with me. We'd been planning on doing normal NaNo, but we're taking on July too. We're going to have a writing session later in the week; I'm really looking forward to it. She's convinced another cool friend to join in too, so that makes four of us, writing all together. It'll be like a writing party. I'm sure it will be great! (and hopefully productive!)

This is Shi, signing off to go and write more!

2 comments:

  1. I love writing by hand. Amazingly enough, I've never been too distracted by the forums. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, I'm not usually the forum type, and yet... I guess I'm procrastinating in more ways than ever! I think it's great that you write by hand - if I could do that, I wouldn't be so stressed about my end of year exams and the fact they just might be illegible!
    I will, and you too :)

    ReplyDelete