Friday 8 July 2011

Camp NaNo: Day 7

Word count: 14536

Okay guys, this is gonna be short one! I've just discovered the greatest writing tool called Write or Die - this basically is a website where you add your word count goal and your time limit. It then takes you  to a plain screen with a square box where you strive to fulfil said goal in said time. Down the bottom of the box is the time counting down and a word count that hopefully goes up. If that weren't enough for edge-of-your-seat writing, the screen also flashes red if you take too long to continue.

 It's terrifying. It's wonderful.

 I'm doing 1000 words sprints in 30 minutes and it's going so well. Maybe the quality is a little low, but I'm working on it after the time is up. It's just a great tool for getting it out there.

With this, I think I can easily write the 1612 words for NaNo a day!

This is Shi, off to edit the hour of writing I've just done into something relatively lovely (and boost my word count at the same time!)

2 comments:

  1. O__O that write-or-die thing is amazing.
    I'm still pretty far behind. I wrote nothing yesterday. But today I will catch up once again! D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't it? I have so much respect for the creator!
    You can do it! I believe in you!!!

    ReplyDelete