Wednesday 6 July 2011

Camp NaNo: Day 5

Also known as: THE AWESOME PARTY WRITING SESSION!

Word count: 9405

 So, as I mentioned, I was having some friends over for a Camp NaNo camp out in the lounge room with laptops, dedicated to writing. Well, we started at 8:30pm and now it's 3:30pm and we're still rocking it! This is the most fun I've ever had working with people, and it's going really well!

 I'm so proud of everyone. One other attendee and I started write at the beginning of Camp NaNo, but the others were late comers. Some had started writing a little, from a couple hundred words to 3,000, but one had not even started, thought of a plot or anything! Now, we're all merrily skipping our way to the 50K, enjoying life and food and the craziness of the intermittent conversation between the frantic tapping of keys.
Horseland is awesome
(and we're all about 18 years old!)


 We had a break to watch Horseland  - the greatest show ever - and eat cheese and chocolate. We only allowed ourselves to do so after writing at least one thousand words, and so far it's been great motivation.

 It's also been really nice to have a large company when writing. We've been reading each other's stories and giving feedback, chatting about ideas and characters, and generally encouaging each other to the next 1,000 word goal.

 It's fantastic - I highly recommend NaNo parties to all!

This is Shi, off to write more! (and more and more, hooray!)

2 comments:

  1. 'LET'S GO TO HORSELAND~'

    Best party of my life and I think I only stood up twice :'D

    I slept for 13 hours when I got home. That makes up for not sleeping, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! All we did was sit and write and it was the most fun I've had!

    Hahaha!!! I slept for ages too! I didn't count how long though.... :D

    ReplyDelete