Sunday 3 July 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo: Day 2

Alright, so it's Day Two.

Word count: 4737.

Things are coming along, albeit slowly. I'm having trouble figuring out each character's voice, backstory and personal quirks. I had the idea for this story some time ago and had rather hoped I had written the gist down somwhere; but alas, after searching my computer, I couldn't find it, so now I'm writing blind. It's tougher than I expected - I've been spoiled by re-writing my last NaNo novel. I've gotten too used to having a story already done and just working on how to improve it. I don't know how to write straight from imagination anymore...

I really want this story to turn out well. I want it to be nice, and pretty, and have a good plot and lovable characters. I feel like I'm working really hard - don't all writers think that?

Anyway, good luck to all NaNo-ers out there! Hope things are going well for you too :)

This is Shi, heading off to bed.


Side note: tonight I went to Circus Oz's "Steampunk Circus", which was absolutely brillant. I'll write more on that later, but for now, I've decided to somehow include or reference a circus in my story. It'll be tough since it's a fantasy novel, but I do have one idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment